Chiropractic Care for Poor Posture
Chiropractors work with the musculoskeletal system along with the nervous system. With a hands-on approach to healing, chiropractors believe through the right alternative treatments; the body can heal itself without surgery or medications. Through spinal manipulation, chiropractors work on a wide range of issues, such as pain relief for muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons, connective tissue etc.
If you’re looking for a chiropractor in Midtown, schedule an appointment at Manhattan Sports Therapy. Our team is here to help treat your conditions.
What causes poor posture?
Poor posture results from daily activities that cause muscles to tighten, shorten, or weaken. Bad posture can be the result of just your day to day life, or in other cases, it could be caused by injury, genetics, disease, or a combination things as well. No matter the reason, our chiropractor in Midtown is here to help treat your pain. Here are a few reasons you may be experiencing poor posture:
- Muscle spasms
- Muscle tension
- Muscle weakness
- Bad habits
- Your body is more likely to search for ways to ease the pain and irritations caused by muscle spasms, tension, or imbalances between muscle groups throughout the day.
- The ways you use technology: the way your body is positioned while using your phone, laptop, or tablet can affect your posture.
- The type of shoes you wear
What can I do to fix my poor posture?
In combination with visiting our chiropractor in Midtown, being aware of a few things can help in changing your routine to help fix your poor posture. Some of these techniques are as simple as:
- Sitting up properly at work, school, home, in the car, etc.
- Working on your flexibility
- Working on strengthening your core
- Being aware of the way you’re lifting heavy objects: using the muscles in your legs to lift objects like small children, luggage, groceries, etc.
- Being more aware of habits that cause poor posture
Why seek chiropractic help?
Poor posture is something you need to work on every day. Enlisting the help of our chiropractor in Midtown will help you become more aware of when you begin to fall into those habits that cause poor posture. By taking the time to visit our chiropractor, you will get the treatment you need to improve your posture. Seeking the help and following our treatment plan will reduce your likeliness of injury.
Our chiropractor in Midtown at Manhattan Sports Therapy aims to help treat your body properly. Book an appointment now to start your journey towards a more active and pain-free lifestyle.