How Can Chiropractic Care Help Athletes?
What is a Chiropractor?
Chiropractors use drug-free and hands-on methods to help treat patients with various conditions. The main focus includes musculoskeletal and nervous system disorders. These issues consist of back and neck pain, joint pain (in arms and legs), and headaches as well.
Unlike other physicians, chiropractors are able to suggest specific rehabilitative exercises and lifestyle changes, which could include nutrition and diet, to help their patients. At Manhattan Sports Therapy, our chiropractor in New York City is equipped to treat musculoskeletal injuries and help treat chronic pains in patients.
Why Athletes Visit Chiropractors?
Chiropractors can help relieve pain, especially when it comes to sports injuries. Multiple injuries can be treated by visiting a chiropractor in New York City at Manhattan Sports Therapy. A few common injuries athletes tend to seek treatment for include, but are not limited to:
- Neck injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Muscle spasms
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS)
- Poor posture
- Bulging discs
How Can Athletes Benefit from Chiropractic Care?
It’s been found that more than half of the professional athletes we see on TV seek chiropractic care to stay healthy for their sport. The benefits from chiropractic care include:
- Improved performance in the sport: adjustments and check-ins regularly can help boost the body’s regular performance.
- Training becomes more effective: athletes, like runners, have said to become more aware and actively healthy while training.
- Increasing range of motion: after visiting a chiropractor, the body will initiate moving more freely and naturally.
- The musculoskeletal system works functionally: regularly seeing your chiropractor can keep your musculoskeletal system working functionally so that injuries can potentially occur less often.
- Recovery time decreases: by regularly seeking chiropractic treatment, healing time is shortened through techniques like massaging, stretching, spinal manipulation, and more.
- Fixing Asymmetries: our bodies tend to differ from right to left side in strength, mobility, and flexibility. With regular adjustments, your body will become properly aligned.
No matter what your sport may be, Manhattan Sports Therapy is here to help. With our techniques and therapies, we’ll be able to get you back on track for optimal performance. If you are looking for a chiropractor in New York City make an appointment with our team today so we can help pave the way for your recovery.