Pain management is a medical specialty that offers a wide range of services which may include medication, therapy, injections, chiropractic manipulation, or a combination of multiple techniques. Pain management is very dependent on the location and the type of pain. Pain management experts at Manhattan Sports Therapy can identify the cause of your pain and get you long-lasting pain relief.
What Is Pain Management?
The specialty of pain management consists of the prevention of pain, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation. Pain management techniques and strategies vary depending on the origin of the pain. The most common types of pain are:
- Chronic pain – Constant pain that lasts longer than three months
- Acute pain – Comes on suddenly and is short-lived
- Breakthrough pain – Pain that occurs between scheduled painkillers
- Soft tissue pain – Pain that occurs when muscles, tissues, or organs are damaged
Our Manhattan team of pain management professionals at Manhattan Sports Therapy are able to utilize multiple pain-relieving techniques and remedy your pain and discomfort.
What Can Pain Management Treat?
A pain management specialist can treat a multitude of conditions including:
- Low back pain
- Knee pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Hip pain
- Neck pain
When To Visit a Pain Management Doctor
You should visit our pain management Manhattan specialist at Manhattan Sports Therapy if:
- The pain is limiting your movement or ability to participate in activities.
- Over-the-counter pain relievers don’t help or you have to take more than the recommended amount to feel relief.
- Your pain has lasted for three months or more.
- Your primary care doctor has not been able to diagnose the cause of your pain.
How We Can Help
Our pain management specialist at Manhattan Sports Therapy is highly trained in a full range of pain management resources and techniques. We offer a wide range of pain-relieving treatments and specialize in not just relieving the pain, but preventing recurrence. Don’t wait for your pain to get worse. Contact us today to make an appointment and start feeling relief.