The Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Headaches
Headaches are very common, with nine out of ten people suffering at least once in their lifetime. While the cause of headaches may be broad, ranging from stress-related tension headaches to hypertension headaches, it is important to determine the cause. If your headaches are chronic, consider chiropractic care for the management of them. You can see our chiropractor in New York City at Manhattan Sports Therapy to take your first step toward a long-term pain-free lifestyle.
Symptoms of Headaches:
Depending on the certain type of headache you are suffering from, there will be different symptoms attached to each. Some common headaches and their symptoms include:
- Tension Headaches: symptoms usually include a dull, aching feeling all over the head. Sometimes it also may include tenderness and sensitivity around the neck, forehead, or shoulders muscles.
- Cluster headaches: symptoms usually include acute burning pain around or behind the eye or specifically on one side of the face. Sometimes it also may include swelling, redness, and sweating. Nasal congestion or eye tearing also may be a symptom that is related to the side of he face where the cluster headache is affecting.
- Migraine headache: symptoms usually include pulsing or throbbing within your head that can last for a couple of hours or even days. If you are suffering from a migraine, light and sound can become very sensitive to you as well. Sometimes it may even include nausea or vomiting depending on the severity and length of the migraine.
How Can a Chiropractor Help Treat Headaches?
- Spinal manipulation can help manipulate your spine and relieve stress on your system
- Chiropractic adjustments can help reduce intracranial pressure and alleviate headaches
- Techniques on posture, ergonomics, exercises, and relaxation methods for abortive headache care
- Chiropractic care can help reduce the frequency of a headache
Chiropractor in New York City:
When it comes to comprehensive treatment for the management of headaches, chiropractic care provides many benefits. Contact us today to see our chiropractor in New York City at Manhattan Sports Therapy. Our team would be happy to work with you on your health goals to have you better cope with a headache without succumbing to medication. Contact us today to get started!