Answering Your Questions About Knee Pain
Our doctors are leading experts in knee pain treatment and knee injury recovery. Knee pain sufferers throughout New York City rely on Manhattan Sports Therapy for relief, recovery, and rehabilitation. Using a blend of diagnostic expertise, physical therapy, and chiropractic care, our doctors skillfully restores pain-free knee function.
What Causes Knee Pain?
How Do You Relieve Knee Pain?
- Rest your knee and do gentle stretches to keep the muscle strong and flexible.
- Apply ice to the affected area to reduce inflammation.
- Wear a compression sleeve or knee brace to keep your knee stable.
- Use a walking aid to take stress on your knees.
- Take over-the-counter pain relieves to ease pain and inflammation like Tylenol or ibuprofen.
- Adjust your sleeping position, by either placing a pillow under or between for legs.
What Are The Symptoms Of Knee Pain?
- Swelling and stiffness
- Redness and warmth
- Weakness or instability
- Popping, clicking, or grinding sounds with bending
- Inability to straighten or bend the knee
- Locking sensation
When Should I See A Doctor For Knee Pain?
- Can’t bear weight on your knee
- Feel unstable on your knee
- Have a knee injury with significant swelling and redness
- Have knee pain that persists even after rest and medication
- Have pain that affects your day-to-day like getting dressed or sleeping
What Happens If Knee Pain Goes Untreated?
What’s The Best Treatment For Knee Pain?
- Joint Support Taping
- Muscle Stretching and Strength Training
- Soft Tissue Treatment
How Long Does Knee Pain Last?
Can You Prevent Knee Pain Or Injury?
- Proper stretching before and after exercise will help strengthen the muscles around your knee. We know it’s easy to skip stretching, but it’s an important part of injury prevention.
- Stability and balancing exercises will improve your knee strength
- Low-impact sports like swimming, biking, or Pilates
- Maintain a healthy weight to reduce pressure and strain on your knees
- Support your feet by wearing supportive shoes and cushioned insoles
When Should I Wear A Brace For Knee Pain?
How Long Should I Wear A Brace For Knee Pain?
- Lack of pain relief
- Poor fit
- Skin irritation
Top 14 Common Types/Causes of Knee Injuries and Problems:
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament/ACL Tear Injury Therapy
- Baker’s Cyst
- Chondromalacia Patellae or Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Dislocated Knee Cap
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITBS)
- Knee Bursitis
- Knee Locking
- Knee osteoarthritis or arthritis
- Knee sprain or knee strain
- Knee Tendonitis or Patellar Tendonitis
- Plica Syndrome
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament/PCL Tear Injury Therapy
- Post-Surgical Rehab/Physical Therapy
- Torn Meniscus Therapy
Treating Athletes & Patients Throughout NY
Meet Dr. Rolland Nemirovsky
Dr. Nemirovsky proudly treats elite athletes, celebrities, and patients throughout the New York area. Even if you consider yourself as an everyday exercise enthusiast, our Board Certified therapist understands your goals, and most importantly, understands your fitness level. Dr. Rolland Nemirovsky has undergone all the necessary hours of training needed to performance the most cutting-edge practices in sports injury treatment and prevention.